Thursday, April 7, 2011

Managing Fibro with out insurance

If you’re in a situation like I am, where you no longer have health insurance for whatever reason, you’re in a quandary. Do you spend the money to get the pills, money that should be going towards the Mortgage/Rend and Food on the table; or, do you cull your pills and/or reducing the frequency for taking them?

I’m still deciding what I’m going to do. I’m trying to remove some pills from my menagerie of pills, and I’m going to do with out those that I can. So far I’ve removed the Savella. I haven’t noticed a change in how my muscles feel, so I’ll likely discontinue this particular tablets.

I have tried to reduce the Lyrica in the past, the problem is that anything less than 450mg, my muscles go hay wire and I end up ingesting way more hydrocodone. So, the Lyrica just has to stay.

I’m going to also try reducing the Ultram. If I can get rid of that, then I may be able to get rid of it, or only take it every other day or so.

All the rest, well, I’ll work on those individually by trial and error based on how my body reacts. Then, I’ll employ the triaging of money to mortgage ration. I’ll tell you how it goes.

Tell me, what do you employ and how do you employ it?

Fizz

© ‘Fizz’ 2011

1 comment:

  1. J very difficult to read this here as the background is blurring the words..I agree it is very difficult to know what to do..I am in the same boat. I am still trying to get some aid somehow to help with at least the minimal coverage for healthcare. It won't include any meds though.. Inhalers are sooooo expensive now.. it just sucks! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete